Communications Manager x2
- DBS check before starting
- Fully Remote OR Titchfield
- £25 to £27.54 per hour, 37 hours a week
- Contractor role, Inside IR35
- Take home pay = £2800/£2900 per month.
- 6 months initially
- Deadline: 12 noon 20th October 2021
Are you an experienced communications professional with knowledge and experience of delivering accessible communications strategies? Are you excited by new and unique challenges where you can make a genuine impact?
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned communications professional to play a key role in developing accessible internal and external communications.
Building on the work of the Census 2021 campaign and working closely with the Inclusive Data Taskforce (IDTF) the role will ensure that all comms meet the needs of those with protected characteristics and include applying behavioural insights, building upon comms insights from the census campaign, testing comms materials with diverse audiences, running citizens panels and reporting these insights back to IDTF and social surveys to support coherent data collection and dissemination work.
This role will support the commitments on diversity and inclusion and be delivered in line with the IDTF recommendations.
The roles will be key to delivering the communications commitments as outlined in the IDTF report - Inclusive Data Taskforce recommendations report: Leaving no one behind - How can we be more inclusive in our data?
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will be an experienced communications professional, with a track record ofdeveloping and delivering accessible communication strategies.
- You will be able to demonstrate the use of research and insight and knowledge of the latest thinking about accessible communications.
- Lead the development of the communications strategy
- Undertake primary and secondary research to gather evidence on the required approach to accessible communications
- Undertake an internal and external review of the accessibility of communications
- Work collaboratively with internal colleagues and external partners to deliver an accessible communications strategy
- Manage resources efficiently: manage budgets and project delivery, to ensure goals are achieved and value for money is delivered at every stage.
- Provide subject matter leadership to colleagues across communications and the wider organisation.
- Manage external agencies, ensuring work is on target and to budget
You will be a high performing communications professional who can demonstrate the following abilities:
- A track record of developing, planning and delivering integrated, accessible communications campaigns across the full marketing mix, to achieve tangible impacts such as response or behaviour change.
- Knowledge of accessible communications approaches
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Experience of using audience insight to define communications strategies and messages for both mainstream and niche audiences.
- Experience of managing external agencies
- Experience of digital and social channels would be highly advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience of working with teams across organisations to ensure communications outcomes are achieved, and integrated.
- Ability to operate independently in a fast-paced and changing environment, with proven ability to project manage and achieve objectives.
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written, with high levels of sensitivity and judgement and the ability to influence outcomes effectively through persuasive argument