Communcations Manager - Fully Remote Working
inside IR35 contract, 3 month intially
About the role:
As part of a Integrated Data Platform (IDP) programme team, you will plan, establish and co-ordinate activities, processes and techniques to deliver an effective engagement model which is critical to the successful achievement of the IDP Full Business Case.
Key stakeholders: government departments, delivery partners, industry and research sector
Challenges: scale and scope of programme and complexity of stakeholder landscape
Delivery approach being used: Agile/Safe
You will be a high energy, proactive individual with the skills and experience to deliver complex projects with a large number of internal and external stakeholders. You will have operated at a senior level in a programme delivery environment and will understand the ingredients for successful engagement of a programme of this nature.
With a strong leadership and delivery background at a senior level, you will have extensive experience of planning, stakeholder management and delivery.
About the Integrated Data Platform
The Integrated Data Platform will bring together data, analysts and domain expertise with modern data infrastructure and cutting-edge methods to shine a light on some of the biggest issues facing society and the economy. The IDP programme will centre on the delivery of a pipeline of Lighthouse Projects, each contributing to platform design and building confidence in the value of outputs
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivery - Create and lead the project to deliver the agreed outcomes within time, cost and quality constraints.
- Planning - Create overall engagement plan as part of the programme plan, integrating engagement activities across the programme plan and identifying roles and appropriate organisational model to deliver. Identify gaps in current capability and approach, and undertake stocktake of processes and activities which need to be aligned with proposed plan.
- Stakeholder Management - Identify key stakeholder segments and establish network mapping and targeting approach. Establish appropriate tools and methods to achieve goals set out above. Manage internal and external relationships as appropriate.
- Performance - Cascade vision and translate into delivery objectives for the team. Identify success criteria and report progress to programme (via Jira) and to sponsors.
- Communications - ensure there is an appropriate flow of communications between, across and beyond programme, Lighthouse Project and government data teams, and that suitable tools and processes are in place to support
- Change Management - Ensure effective Change Management processes are in place to sustain engagement approach within programme team
- Coaching and guidance- Provide coaching support to team members, optimising individual performance in support of change and delivery of engagement goals.
- Benefits - Ensure appropriate Benefits Realisation is in place and monitor delivery of benefits against the Business Case. Ensure stakeholder feedback loops exist between elements of the stakeholder model to deliver rapid insights and impact assessment to team.
- Risks & Issues - Identify and monitor project risks and issues. Develop mitigating actions and escalate as appropriate. Identify and work with related projects to manage interdependencies.
- Governance - Support effective governance and decision-making reviews and support action on recommendations.
- Resources and budget - Identify skill requirements; and deploy and develop resources, identifying budgetary impact
Relevant Qualifications Skills and Experience:
- Stakeholder management
- Change management
- Programme Management
- Case development
- A proven track record of stakeholder management and delivery of complex projects in an agile environment.
- Demonstrable experience of working effectively with the widest range of stakeholders including third party suppliers to deliver valued outcomes.
- Demonstrable relevant experience working across sector - government, industry, academia - to deliver system change programmes,
- Deep understanding of role of data and data-driven organisations in enabling sustainable public good outcomes