We're looking for someone who is passionate about user-centred design and its ability to make a difference in people's lives. Working in a new team/company/arm of a well-established and well-funded organisation, you'll be working on a digital transformation project for a Government Agency. The role requires a Content Designer to ensure that the development of new applications and platforms are user-centric, focusing on the end customer and their needs. You will be working in a multi-disciplinary delivery team and supported by the Head of User Centred Design.
This is a permanent role working directly under the Head of User Centred Design. Duties to be performed:
- Create clear, consistent, and timely content across journeys and touchpoints - stretching across digital and non-digital channels while considering multiple formats
- Work with and support existing content guidelines from GDS and / or departments
- Review existing content throughout the user journey, and make recommendations based on evidence where available
- Clearly communicate proposals to the team and stakeholders
- Work with the team to design a coherent end-to-end experience to communicate policy intent and help users achieve their needs
- Work in an agile environment, participating and supporting ceremonies like daily stand ups, sprint planning and retrospectives
- Working flexibly as part of a team, adapting to changing priorities and workloads
You will need:
- Relevant experience writing and designing content for an organisation, or a degree in a relevant field
- Understanding of and experience in user-centred research and design methodologies
- Understanding of / or experience in producing content for diverse audiences to create accessible digital services
- Attention to detail, good writing and communication skills, and pro-active attitude
- To be comfortable working in wide range of research tools
- To be comfortable working with development teams, other practitioners, business analysts, and marketers.
- Be willing to learn, adapt and grow in your role
This is a fantastic opportunity to drive a project directly with content created by you. With support from the Head of User Centred Design you will learn on the job, while helping to shape the future roles of other designers.