The Content Designer will be responsible for identifying and matching user needs to appropriate digital content formats, and creating, monitoring and improving content and style to support design and delivery of simple, clear digital services (information and transactions).
Designing, creating and iterating content. You will own the content and its quality throughout a user's journey, and be comfortable using evidence, data and research to back up your decisions.
You will be working in multidisciplinary teams, alongside user researchers, interaction designers, service designers, product owners and developers.
You'll be responsible for:
- Creating content to help digital services meet user needs and business objectives, and create a clear, joined-up customer journey
- Monitoring and improving content based on user feedback, research and data
- Working effectively with subject matter experts, stakeholders and partners to deliver clear, relevant content
- Ensuring all content assets are user-focused, accurate, optimised appropriately (e.g. for search), and meet relevant design, style and brand guidelines
- Working with colleagues to understand user behaviours and data patterns to improve how services perform
- Ensuring appropriate policy and legal fact checking of content and timely production and publishing
- Ability to support the content team with peer reviews, content audits and benchmarking
- Promoting user-focused content design
- Proven track record developing content to meet user needs for digital services
- Experience working collaboratively in fast-paced agile teams
- Strong original writing for different topics, audience groups, purposes, styles and formats
- Adept at providing simple, clear content to communicate complex issues
- Confident communicator: able to persuade; negotiate; influence; network; and work with stakeholders
- Ability to get to the heart of an issue quickly and clearly, demonstrating expert knowledge in an applied setting
- Knowledge of agile ways of working and user-centred content design
- Experience scoping, commissioning and editing content
- Good presentation skills
- Government background and GDS experience
- Strong stakeholder management/Strong team player
- Have used and understands Gov. tool kit
This is a 6 month Contract, £525 INSIDE IR35 -
If you have the right skills and experience, apply today! Keen to chat.