- Buckinghamshire, England
- £500 - £600 per day
- Job Type
- Matthew Pearce
I am working with an incredibly interesting organisation who are at the forefront of end-to-end Neutral Host 5G networks.
This organisation partners with cities and carriers to create plug-and-play active neutral host 5G small cell infrastructure that more efficiently densifies wireless networks by reducing the need for redundant radios in the same critical indoor and outdoor locations.
The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for the creation, enhancement and management of the CI/CD pipeline to ensure the full automation, release and management of software for Cloud and Embedded products.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will work with the development and test to ensure a stable and secure delivery process.
* Create, refine and maintain the software development CI/CD pipeline and associated processes
* Management, maintenance and automation of tools to enhance the CI/CD pipeline
* Oversee the delivery of software applications in test and deployment environments, for both Cloud and embedded software components
* Version control of software deliverables and third-party software components
* Collaborate with software, test, network engineering and project management teams
* Maintain data quality, integrity and security of build configuration and software artefacts
* Recommend, implement and document best practice for on-premise and cloud-based application security
* Integration of change management, source control and test
* Create and maintain documentation of all DevOps procedures and practices
* Disaster recovery plans are put in place and well-rehearsed
* Other duties appropriate to the post as may be assigned from time to time by Senior Management.
Education and Experience:
* Configuration and management of production grade container solutions, with a working knowledge of Kubernetes preferable
* Delivery and scaling out secure cloud based microservices solutions, preferably on GCP and AWS
* Experience of all aspects of the software lifecycle in Agile and Waterfall development environments
* Delivery of both Cloud and embedded products preferable
* Integration Atlassian products (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence), Git, GitLab, Jenkins, Bamboo tools
* Minimum 5 years DevOps experience
* Knowledge of health monitoring tools
* Technical degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field.
* Strong analytical skills and ability to deliver
* An excellent planner able to schedule and prioritise work and react positively to issues occurring
* Able to present information in a clear and concise way both verbally and written documentation
* Comfortable to mentor and lead a small team
* Able to explore and analyse complex inter-related systems, with a willingness to engage in topics outside the scope of the primary task.