Contract DevOps Engineer / Sys Admin / Platform Engineer / Linux / Infrastructure
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced contract DevOps engineer / Linux Platform Engineer to join an exciting scale up business.
The role will include collaboration with global software developers, system operators and other IT staff members to manage code releases, to cross and merge the barriers that exist between software development, testing and operations teams while keeping existing networks in mind to design, plan and test releases.
- Maintain the software build process.
- Review and recommend improvements to existing source code control, continuous integration and team management tools and processes.
- Maintain data quality, integrity and security of configuration data.
- Assist in management, maintenance and automating of tools.
- Maintain proper version controls of software deliverables.
- Oversee the delivery of software applications in test and deployment environments.
- Analyse configuration issues and propose appropriate resolutions
- Provide network administration and support
- Recommend and implement best practice for on-premise and cloud-based application security.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- DevOps configuration management using software release control tools and systems including Git, Atlassian JIRA, Bitbucket, Bamboo or similar, C/I build chains
- Linux sysadmin
- Experience with scripting languages such as python and bash with knowledge of Linux- based command-line utilities.
- Virtual server administration, vSphere, VirtualBox, etc
- Network administration (VXLAN, VLAN experience.)
- Ability to set up and configure on premise and cloud base server hardware
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, team player, flexible, hands-on.
- A positive attitude towards change and ability to adapt
- Able to think critically and logically under pressure to resolve technical issues
- Experience of IT support for windows-based IT systems
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN's remote implementation and switch configuration
- Deployment in AWS
Bristol, Bath, Swindon, Cardiff, Reading, London