Contract PHP Backend Developer (Symfony)
We are looking for a talented senior backend PHP developer with years of experience building Symfony/Laravel applications. You are fluent in making APIs and have good experience working with Frontend and Application Developers. You understand the concept of CI/CD and as a result, always write tests for your work.
As a Senior PHP Software Engineer, you'll be responsible for developing high quality solutions. It's a fast-paced environment so it is important for you to make sound, reasoned decisions. You'll do this whilst learning about new technologies and approaches, with talented colleagues that will help you to learn, develop and grow as you, in turn, mentor those around you.
- Excellent knowledge & experience of Object-Oriented Programming with PHP 7/8
- Having created multiple projects from scratch using frameworks like Symfony
- Experience of API driven development
- Proficient in designing, building, testing and maintaining modern software applications
- Experience of applying development best practices and patterns in relation to security, scalability and performance
- Contributing to technical decisions and direction in a collaborative team environment, including architecture, estimation, product planning, user story/requirement creation.
- Experience of design and development across multiple layers of an application
- Proven experience of working in a team environment supporting and working with other colleagues and management
- Mentoring junior team members
- Unit, Integration & API Testing
- Docker / MySQL / GIT / Composer
- Previous experience working in a microservices based architecture
- Previous experience working on a backend API serving a ReactJS frontend
- Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate issues to technical and non-technical people.
- Experience of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery techniques
- Experience of debugging and troubleshooting live applications
- Active participation in knowledge sharing activities, both within the team and with wider non-technical audiences
- Experience of multiple programming languages and data storage technologies
- Experience of balancing technical decisions with user needs and commercial constraints
- Knowledge of public cloud platforms, such as AWS
- Event Bus, CQRS, Saga design patterns
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize working hours while operating remotely.
PHP Developer / Software engineer / php / API / contract