Within this role you will:
- Work closely with Code Leadership to plan, estimate, and write high-quality robust services.
- Use a wide variety of proprietary server technologies to develop solutions with.
- Build service clients in a proprietary C++ game engine and integrate clients into relevant game features.
- Write technical proposals clearly explaining your ideas and considering potential challenges and alternative approaches.
- Work with designers and gameplay programmers to design and build new server powered gameplay features.
- Document your work including new processes and newly created APIs.
- Contribute to regular code reviews, championing code quality and best practices.
- Solve technical problems that affect many parts of a game.
We need you to have:
- Solid understanding of how online services are architected, built, and deployed including the frontend, backend, and DevOps.
- Experience with developing and consuming online REST APIs.
- Experience with one or more database systems including their scalability and data integrity concerns.
- Experience working with C++ game engine and gameplay code.
- Be receptive to critical feedback, evolving designs and iteration.
- Willingness to learn new programming languages and technologies.
- Desire to solve problems, including in other people's code.
- Great knowledge of C++.
It would also be great if you have:
- Knowledge of Go.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and navigate with large unfamiliar codebases.
- Extensive game development experience.
- Extensive server development experience.
- Familiarity with Cloud Hosting (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.).
- Fantastic communication skills.