Category Manager - Technology
£450 - £500p/d
Are we currently looking for a Category Manager to join our client on an interim basis for 3 months.
You will be supporting the Digital and Technology Pillar
- Leads and takes responsibility for procurement and contract activities within their assigned area, ensuring the commercial pipeline accurately reflects current status of the work programme to support planning and delivery.
- Works with internal stakeholders using a business partner style approach to understand, guide and support commercial activity and decision making associated with third party engagement; including developing a comprehensive pipeline of activity.
- Implements category strategies considering and evaluating a range of sourcing models, product road maps and sourcing plans, understanding demand by forecasting and planning requirements with internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Implements supplier management strategies, undertaking soft market testing, identifying opportunities to develop collaborative partnerships with suppliers, understanding costs, risks/ rewards. Create Key Performance Indicators and value through different tiers of the supply chain.
- Establishes dialogue/negotiation strategies with clear parameters; evaluating the potential effect of mergers and acquisitions on the organisation's supply chains. Managing contract variations, evaluating the performance of suppliers against the specification, reporting regularly and providing practical advice and strategic direction.
- Takes in to account the market, long-term resilience of supply chains and opportunities to innovate and mitigate risk. Provides sufficient detail to allow the market to respond to requirements whilst leaving room for innovation, and is able to challenge specifications to improve outcomes.
- Takes responsibility for the performance and development of their team. Within Commercial Services, acts as a role model to support and energise colleagues, helping drive the step-change.
Please get in touch to learn more