Job Title: Data Engineer x11
Division: Data Architecture; Data Engineering
This is initially a 3-month temporary contract role with an immediate starting date for suitably skilled data engineers to provide central support on the development of the framework and associated processing. The role will involve:
- Development of ETL methods for a range of internal and external data sources converting these from unstructured formats to dynamic tables and views in Hive and Impala;
- Supporting the development and transformation of RDMF v0.2 and the associated indexes.
- Assisting in the development of analytical layers of data from raw HDFS files for use in producing a range of RDMF outputs.
The work will involve developing operational and organisational data to form the basis of a series of products as well as applying established data engineering and data modelling methods to the data for the main stage of the product build.
Skills and Experience
- Extensive proven experience of data engineering and architectural techniques, including data wrangling, data profiling, data preparation, metadata development, and data upload/download;
- Proven experience of 'big data' environments, including the Hadoop Stack (Cloudera), including data ingestion, processing and storage using HDFS, Spark, Hive and Impala;
- Extensive hands-on experience of developing ETL functionality in a cloud or on-premise environment;
- Experience of using tools such as python and SQL (Spark) to profile, query and structure large-volume data;
- Proven experience of using Cloud Services particularly in the context of Hadoop;
- Experience of developing/utilising programming and query languages e.g. SQL (Hive Impala specifically), Python (through Spark), Scala.
- Understanding of data bases and applying data models in relational database formats
If you would like to find out abit more please get in touch on 0117 332 0834