Are you a Java Developer looking to make a positive impact and contribute to a demanding digital service for the UK government?
This Leeds based 6-month contract is looking for a skilled Developer who is ready to quickly get to work problem-solving within an agile multi-disciplinary team. You will be passionate about delivering innovative technology that carries real value for users.
The impact of digital service in government will change the face of public services and have the potential to dramatically transform the lives of others.
- 6 months
- £550 - Inside IR35
You will have worked within an agile multi-disciplinary team and be using your experience and technical skills to support the team in designing, creating and improving new and existing products, platforms and transactions across government.
- Recent experience with Java 8.
- Be willing to work in a pair programming environment.
- Have a good understanding of TDD and BDD
- Have experience in AWS/Azure
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Have experience in implementing APIs for internal and external use.
- Have the skills to build up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a continuous deployment environment.
- Be involved in the wider web development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences.
- Be knowledgeable of tools and techniques used within the wider team, both Developers and Non-Developers.
- Have an ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Have experience working on technical projects within a team.
- Have working knowledge of Unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X.
- Have the ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques.
- Understand of the use of Responsive Web Design.
- Containerisation - Docker, Kubernetes
It would also be desirable to:
* Have a working knowledge of Jackson, JAX-RS, Mockito, ActiveMQ
* Experience of MongoDB or other document databases.
* Have experience of building and scaling high-traffic websites.
* Have experience of handling large data sets and scaling their handling and storage
Please get in touch to find out more - 0117 332 0834