Senior Ruby Developer
Contract Length: 6 months
Location: Central London
£400 - £500 Outside IR35
We are currently looking for a Senior Ruby developer with experience working in a multi-disciplinary agile team environment using test driven development (TDD).
Must have strong experience working with SQL databases (eg. PostgreSQL).
Awareness of NoSQL databases (eg. DynamoDB), and when and how to use them would be useful.
A familiarity with event-based data models would be a bonus.
Experience building, documenting, and testing JSON APIs would also be very useful.
Knowledge of AWS is also required.
Awareness of Kubernetes would also be useful.
- A minimum of four years of full time industry experience developing web API's using Ruby on Rails, Java, Python
- A strong background in relational database theory and excellent knowledge of Relational Databases (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience using TDD
- Familiarity with NOSQL databases (MongoDB, Redis, etc.)
- A firm grasp of multi-threading, object-oriented design and asynchronous programming
- Skilled in testing (unit/integration)
- Ability to pick and use the right tool/technology/programming language for the problem at hand.
If you would like to find out abit more please get in touch on 0117 332 0834