(INSIDE IR35) Service Designer - Public Sector/Central Gov Experienced
- Service Designer
- Initial 6 Month Contract - £550pd
I am looking for an experienced Service Designer to develop simple, clear digital services. This engagement is working on a long term, large scale digital transformation project.
What you need to know
- Interpreting and analysing user needs and business objectives in highly complex service areas
- Using research and insight to design, prototype and test whole services, from concept to final delivery
- Creating high-quality artefacts such as experience maps and service blueprints
- Confident and experienced in paper and digital prototyping, using tools and applications such as InVision, Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Confident and experienced in leading workshops, design sprints and co-design with stakeholders and users
- Can confidently talk to developers and understands security, accessibility, version control and hosting
- A strong understanding and application of mixed design methodologies such as user-centred design, systems thinking or futures thinking to solve complex social problems
- Confident and experienced in leading design vision and explaining design concepts in a clear and compelling way to influence strategy and delivery
- Confident and experienced working in a fast paced, agile environment
- Confident and experienced in coaching or supporting junior designers
A minimum of 3 years of relevant industry experience
Experience of designing at scale
Experience of prototyping in HTML or CSS
Designing in highly technical environments
What you will be doing
As an experienced service designer, you'll have developed a core set of practice skills and you have the ability to define what good looks like across a number of practice approaches. You'll also be a part of advancing our approach, helping to grow our culture, coaching junior members of the team, and partnering with and inspiring our stakeholders.
You'll be experienced using a variety of prototyping methods and be able to prototype in code. You'll understand the way the internet works and want to push government and the practice of service design beyond where it is now.
If this is relevant to you and something you would like to apply for - get in touch with TJ today.