Test Automation Engineer / Python / Network Protocols
Im excited to bring to the table an exciting opportunity for an experienced automation test engineer with a proven track record of developing automation tests and frameworks for validating cloud, mobile and hardware platform systems.
You will be involved in ensuring hardware and software quality for an edge computing wireless platform. Responsible for developing and maintaining the automated test environment ensuring applications work as expected, that issues are reported using appropriate tracking tools.
The candidate will work closely with project stakeholders, Product Management, Development and Systems Engineering teams to ensure the system under test meets requirements and KPIs resulting in delivering a quality product.
You will be reporting to the Head of System Test.
- Extracting test scenarios from Requirements Documentation
- Develop and successfully execute detailed test plans, procedures, and scenarios for functional, regression testing and non-functional
- Developing and maintaining test automation frameworks and regression test environments using tools such as Jenkins
- Developing automated tests on automated test rigs primarily in Python
- Test estimation, requirements traceability, execution, and reporting results to various audiences.
- Defect identification, reporting and ownership through to resolution.
- Establishing close working relationships with SW Developers, Architects, System Engineering and Project Management stakeholders
- Document the successes and failures of all executed test procedures
- Write clear, concise, and effective written correspondence, test scripts, procedures, scenarios, and results in accordance with customer policies
- Involvement in requirement capture and review to ensure testability
- Minimum 5 years formal testing experience in a structured working environment.
- Self-starter, team player, flexible, hands-on.
- Practical and effective working knowledge of different testing strategies and types (e.g. BDD, TDD, Integration Test, Regression, Functional, Non-Functional, etc.).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management and the ability to work to deadlines.
- Highly analytical approach with a real desire to learn and take ownership.
- Strong knowledge and experience of Linux operating system.
- Detailed knowledge of networking protocols, (DHCP, DNS, IPv6, VLAN).
- Advance skill of test results analysis.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of automation CI frameworks such as Bamboo.
- Experience writing automated tests in Python testing frameworks such as unittest.
- Knowledge and experience in testing wireless products such as Wi-Fi, Cellular, Bluetooth, ZigBee, LoraWAN
- Exposure to API design and practices (SOAP, REST, HTTP-RPC)
- Background in Systems Engineering for wireless products and networking
- Experience working in an Agile Environment
- Atlassian Jira, confluence.