Coolgen and OSL Software Developer
12 month contract
Start Date: ASAP and by 9th November 2020
Experience with CA Gen with in a Unix environment
Overview of Requirements:
This is a specialist technical development role(s) required to deliver an exceptionally high standard of code in accordance with the Agency's business requirements, undertaking development work on the Agency's central vehicles management system.
This role(s) sits within one of the Software Engineering Applications Development & Support Teams, which undertakes the development and support of the Agency's applications both internal and public/customer facing.
The role holder(s) will work as part of a flexible software delivery team working in a variety of styles, including Agile.
The role holders will need to have the following experience/skills:
Specific Technical Skills and Experience:
- Fluency and experience in CA GEN in a UNIX environment (minimum 5 years)
- Experience of using SQL with an Oracle (or equivalent) database (minimum 2 years)
- Experience of assisting business analysts or business representatives to formalise or clarify requirements
- Experience in the production of low level technical designs and documentation
- Experience in definition and execution of formal unit tests.
- Experience of writing UNIX scripts (working knowledge of C and KORN shell scripting) (minimum 1 year)
- Experience of writing PL/SQL scripts on a UNIX platform (minimum 1 year)
- Experience of GEN development on an AIX (IBM) platform (minimum 1 year)
- DBS disclosure BPSS with Basic Disclosure (issued by Disclosure & Barring Service) is required.