Cost Modeller and Finance Business Partner
- 3-month contract
- Outside IR35
- Fully remote working
- YOU MUST HAVE SC CLEARANCE TO APPLY
There has been a growing need for specific additional surveys including schools, local area surveys and potentially other surveys.
As a result, we are looking for a contractor to provide 3-month support to support projects prepare cost models for these surveys.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
A 3 month position with a start and finish criteria:-
1) Support budget holders prepare cost models for National Covid Surveys
2) Ensure that budget holders have a clear understanding of any assumptions and uncertainties/risks involved in the model and that there is appropriate sign off.
3) To process map and ensure that cost models align with the ledger structure and that there are clear governance in place to capture and continuously monitor the costs and to raise invoices to OGD in relation to the Cost Model.
4) Ensure that the proposed income recognition process in relation to the cost model conforms to IFRS15 requirements.
5) Engage with technical accounting staff to ensure that VAT impacts are fully taken into account in the model.
6) To conduct a review and consolidate a number of templates already in existence to create a standard full economic cost model template that can be used as best practice
7) Review and update the overhead rate to be included within the standard cost model template based on 2019/20 costs incurred.
8) Engage with key stake holders, budget holders and users to ensure that they understand and are content to use the template.
9) Provide support to other Income Survey Leads to produce other cost models as required.
* CCAB or CIMA qualified accountant
* Experience of preparing full economic cost models
* Strong communication and consultation skills
* Strong Excel skills.