Technical Support / Customer engineer / developer / engineer / software / bath / bristol / swindon / technical support engineer /
Talent are exclusively partnered with an organisation in Bath who provide error monitoring and application stability tools to developers and tech companies so they can make data-driven decisions on whether you should be building new features, or fixing bugs in their code base.
We're looking for a Customer Engineer to join the team in Bath to help take customers on top class journeys, delivering excellent customer experiences to their customer base, supporting their use of the application management platform.
The position involves helping developer customers use their platform and identifying problems with the system. You'll need broad software development experience, great communication skills, be a keen problem solver and have a desire to learn and work with new languages and frameworks.
What you'll get to do:
- Respond to customer support requests
- Provide in depth support across their customer platform libraries, web interface and backend pipeline
- Troubleshoot issues reported by customers via GitHub issues on their open source libraries
- Perform investigations, finding ways to reproduce customer problems and work with engineering teams to identify solutions
- Submit fixes or raise tickets for engineering teams to resolve system problems
- Enhance and correct our customer documentation
- Develop support tooling and documentation to improve efficiency
- Attend conferences to hone your tech skills, meet customers, and represent this client
Your background likely includes:
- Working in multiple technologies and programming languages
- Experience of developing in at least 2 of the following categories of development languages:
- Mobile: e.g. Android SDK / Objective C / Swift / React Native / Unity
- Scripting: e.g. Python / Ruby / PHP
- Server: e.g. Java / Go / .NET
- A personable, empathetic and professional manner when dealing with customers
- A systematic approach to problem solving and an eagerness to learn new skills and embrace new technologies
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a software engineer