Technical Support / Customer engineer / developer / engineer / software / bath / bristol / swindon / technical support engineer /
Talent are exclusively partnered with an organisation in Bath who provide error monitoring and application stability tools to developers and tech companies so they can make data-driven decisions on whether you should be building new features, or fixing bugs in their code base.
We're looking for a Customer Engineer to join the team in Bath to help take customers on top class journeys, delivering excellent customer experiences to their customer base, supporting their use of the application management platform.
The position involves helping developer customers use their platform and identifying problems with the system. You'll need broad software development experience, great communication skills, be a keen problem solver and have a desire to learn and work with new languages and frameworks.
- Respond to and troubleshoot customer queries reported via both Zendesk and GitHub
- Provide support for ~30 open source libraries
- Perform in-depth investigations, finding ways to reproduce and diagnose customer issues
- Work alongside other engineering teams to identify and propose solutions
- Develop tools and enhance documentation to improve our support processes
- Identify fixes to problems and define tasks for these to be implemented either by this support team or by other engineering teams
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of our web interface and backend pipeline to answer customer questions and solve issues
- Enhance and maintain our public-facing documentation
- Attend conferences to hone your tech skills, meet customers, and represent this client
- A minimum of 4 years experience as a software engineer
- Experience working with multiple technologies and programming languages
- Commercial experience of developing in at least 2 of the following categories of development languages:
- Mobile: e.g. Android / Obj-C / Swift / React Native / Unity
- Scripting: e.g. Python / Ruby / PHP
- Server: e.g. Java / Go / .NET
- Flexibility to cover a support rota by working one evening every week during San Francisco working hours, instead of your usual UK hours
- A personable, empathetic and professional manner when dealing with customers
- A systematic approach to problem solving and an eagerness to learn new skills and embrace new technologies