Customer Software Engineer / Remote /
We're looking for a Customer Software Engineer to join an existing team in the UK to help deliver an amazing experience to their customers.
This position involves helping our highly technical customers use and integrate open source notifier libraries into their applications. You should be enthusiastic about working for a small, dynamic company and motivated by solving a challenging and extensive range of very technical and less technical problems.
You should have exemplary communication skills and be able to maintain good customer relationships. You should be keen to take on new challenges and learn new technologies and skills. You will have the opportunity to be part of a team of like-minded individuals, working with and learning a wide range of languages and frameworks.
This client is the trusted software stability "command center" for over 5,000 engineering teams worldwide, including Airbnb, Slack, Pinterest, Docker, EA and Microsoft. They process over 1 billion crash reports daily from 85,000 applications, and empower our customers to make data-driven decisions on when to focus on building new features, or when to fix bugs.
What You'll Get To Do
- Respond to and troubleshoot customer queries reported via both Zendesk and GitHub
- Provide support for our ~30 open source libraries
- Perform in-depth investigations, finding ways to reproduce and diagnose customer issues
- Work alongside other engineering teams to identify and propose solutions
- Develop tools and enhance documentation to improve our support processes
- Identify fixes to problems and define tasks for these to be implemented either by this support team or by other engineering teams
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of our web interface and backend pipeline to answer customer questions and solve issues
- Enhance and maintain our public-facing documentation
- Attend conferences to hone your tech skills, meet customers, and represent
- A personable, empathetic and professional manner when dealing with customers
- A systematic approach to problem solving and an eagerness to learn new skills and embrace new technologies
- Flexibility to cover a support rota by working one evening every week during San Francisco working hours (i.e. 4pm - 1am UK time), instead of your usual UK hours
Your background likely includes
- Experience as a mid-level software engineer
- Experience working with multiple technologies and programming languages
- Commercial experience of developing in at least 2 of the following categories of development languages:
- Mobile: e.g. Android / Obj-C / Swift / React Native / Unity
- Scripting: e.g. Python / Ruby / PHP
- Server: e.g. Java / Go / .NET
Software Engineer / Customer Based / London / Bath / Bristol / Reading