Cyber Security // Permanent // Glasgow
Would you like to work for a forward-thinking organisation, as part of a collaborative team?
We are building a Digital, Data and technology driven organisation and are leading industry in showcasing this. As part of this we want to build a security capability, that you can be play a leading role in developing!
As cyber security in the SPAR team you will play a leading role in protecting critical national infrastructure. You will be responsible for running security systems, including the Firewalls, Windows event logs, syslog, anti-virus, endpoint, file integrity, and vulnerability scanners for security events, web gateway, TrendMicro deep discovery inspection, IDS, IPS etc.
- Evaluate and investigate detected security events, whether they require some level of response.
- Work with the security team to develop, refine and implement additional monitoring content and processes.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the functionality and technology of existing IT systems.
- Develop new security processes to improve the service's detection and response capability.
- Creation of scripts for automating processes.
- Provide expertise and guidance to diagnose, investigate and overcome problems within Cyber Security.
- Consult with and provide recommendations to project teams on infrastructure requirements to achieve service objectives.
- IT infrastructure management.
- Hands on experience of cyber security or related discipline.
- Subject matter authority in the operation of computer operating systems such as Windows (XP, 7, 2003, 2008, 2012).
- Analysing incidents across a complex environment.
- Willingness to acquire in depth knowledge of network and host security technologies and products.
- ICS, Trend Micro, and Microsoft technologies.
Salary - £30-50,000
Benefits would include: flexi-time, pension scheme, season ticket loan/cycle to work scheme, subsidised gym, childcare vouchers.
Deadline: Friday, 1st November
- Candidates need to submit their cv along with a suitability statement which explains why you are interested in the role and also explains how your experience matches the essential and desirable key skills.
If this sounds like you apply online or get in touch with Phoebe Faulkner: 0117 3320 825.