Cyber Security Engineer
As a Cyber Security Engineer you will be responsible for helping our client to secure their operating platform and protect our key stakeholders, IT infrastructure, information, assets and business operations. Reporting to the Information Security Manager, the successful candidate will work with key business stakeholders, DevOPS, SOC, and third party providers to ensure that we operate a robust Cyber Security infrastructure and ISO27001 ISMS that is highly effective in protecting the business, in line with our commitment to clients and our regulatory obligations. I am looking for a team player who welcomes accountability and end-to-end ownership for developing and implementing Information Security solutions.
Our client is award-winning financial technology company based in the heart of Bath. They are entering a period of sustained enhancements to the platform and the surrounding services that they provide, and as a result, they need to increase their development capacity and expand capabilities
- A minimum of four years' practical experience in supporting, and securing IT Infrastructures, built on contemporary Microsoft and Open Source technologies.
- Practical experience of operating in line with formal standards and within an Information Security Management System.
- A great understanding of security principles and a good working knowledge of security technologies such as network and application firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, AV, Web/Email protection, DLP.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and address risks, threats, alerts, and incidents.
- A team player who can effectively collaborate with team members and third-party providers.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate with a technical and non-technical audience.
- Ability to manage, prioritise, organise, and deliver a variety of tasks to a high standard, and in line with specification and plan.
- Ability to work under pressure, particularly when dealing with incidents and at times of high demand.
- A recognised Information Security accreditation - SSCP, CISSP, CCSP, or ISO27001 Lead implementer.
- A recognised Microsoft accreditation - MCA, ASEA, MCSA, or MCSE.
This role comes with an excellent benefits package.
If you are interested please apply with a copy of your CV and I will be in touch to discuss the opportunity further. This role will be remote until March with 3 days in the office and 2 days remote thereafter.