Cyber Security Specialist
Become part of a great organisation that promotes security of supply and sustainability, for present and future generations of consumers. Based in the centre of Glasgow a national cultural hub our client is looking for Cyber Security specialist. We are building a Digital, Data and Technology (DDaT) driven organisation and will lead industry by showcasing best practice when dealing with data, digital and technology.
As a Cyber Security specialist, you will provide assurance and risk management around corporate information systems to the Head of Operational Service Delivery, in accordance with government policy and our standards.
You will be responsible for running security systems, including the Firewalls, Windows AD event logs, syslog, anti-virus, endpoint, file integrity, and vulnerability scanners for security events, web gateway, TrendMicro deep discovery inspection, IDS, IPS etc. This will include:
- Evaluate and investigate detected security events to determine if they represent significant security incident and require some level of response. This response will be in the form of detailed configuration data, traffic analysis and/or event correlation. All incident responses will support the Cyber Security incident management process.
- Suggest and work with the respective security team members to develop, refine and implement additional monitoring content and processes.
Maintain up to date knowledge of the functionality and technology of existing IT systems as well as:
- ICS technologies (training provided)
- Current state of security threats across the ICS environments as well as within a Government organisation.
- Develop new security processes and procedures to improve the service's detection and response capability.
- Serve as the recognised expert working with one or more of:
- Firewall Management (Palo Alto and Cisco)
- 2 factor Authentication
- Trend Micro, BitLocker, O365 Security
- Creation of scripts for automating processes
- Provide expertise, guidance and best practice advice to diagnose, investigate and overcome problems within Cyber Security.
You'll be experienced within IT infrastructure management and have hands on experience of Cyber Security or related discipline.
- Deep technical understanding of IT infrastructure and management of these components.
- Demonstrable experience in analysing incidents across a complex environment.
- Sound awareness of the threat environment faced by government, regulatory departments and experience of risk managing the information systems' implications of this.
- Willingness to acquire in-depth knowledge of network and host security technologies and products (such as firewalls, Network IDS and, scanners) and to continuously improve these skills.
- Self-starter who can multi-task and work as part of a team.
- Willingness to train and mentor other team members.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
Benefits - Childcare, Generous Pension, Season ticket loan, Employee wellbeing, Enhanced maternity
Should you be interested in exploring such an opportunity apply online or get in touch with Taijaan decordova @ Talent International on 0117 332 0834 to discuss in confidence. The is permanent position based onsite in the region specified, you must be able to commit to this in order to proceed