Any Queries or Questions before applying, speak to Zoe on 01173320836.
Data Access Platform - Trainer and Trouble Shooter
6-month contract (OUTSIDE IR35)
The Data Access Platform (DAP) is a new integrated digital platform, providing the tools and technology needed to store and analyse all data within the organisation.
Our users are transitioning onto DAP from legacy systems and software such as Excel, SAS and SPSS and as part of this business transformation piece, a team has been created to provide support in building capability using the new DAP technologies (DAP CATS team). The team predominantly focus on creating bespoke training materials for users i.e. screencasts, written guidance, cheat sheets along with some classroom training. In addition, they operate a troubleshooting service through a dedicated mailbox and are starting to utilise an internal mentoring network to support more detailed query resolution.
This post will assist the Data Science lead in delivering classroom training as well as manage some of the more advanced troubleshooting queries. Our Data Science lead will be undertaking the majority of training and this post will be providing support to him, increasing the team's ability to deliver more classroom-based training and face to face coaching.
DAP uses the propriety Cloudera tool CDSW (Cloudera Data science Workbench), along with open source tools such as HUE, Hive and Spark.
The team have run a number of classroom sessions on version control (using Git), using Spark (both Pyspark and SparklyR) for data manipulation and sessions on good practice, specifically around Reproduceable Analytical Pipelines.
The role needs someone who is at ease with presenting and interacting with people and has technical knowledge with a background in one of the following; software engineering, data science, sciences, mathematics.
- Deliver training
- Create training content where needed
- Act as a subject matter expert to support adoption of new technologies
- Provide advice and guidance to other team members on best practice and using the appropriate tools and technologies e.g. the team has a number of software engineering and data science graduates who have recently joined the team
- Proficient in coding in R
- Experience of contributing code to a large or complex project, e.g. such as Master's degree
- Teaching experience or confident in explaining technical details
- Fluent in python and pyspark
- Basic knowledge of running Spark on a Hadoop cluster