- Fully remote working anywhere in the UK
- Self Employed Contract position - Inside IR35, three months initially
- £23 - £26 per hour, 37 hours a week
- CV's due back Tuesday 13th April 2021 at Noon
the initial processing of the data is being carried out in house using new technologies. Data collected by different modes and collection instruments need to be brought together into a consistent data base ready for statistical processing. New requirements are also emerging as a result of how the public have interacted which may mean that the original processing design needs to be varied.
In order to help meet this short term demand the processing team have a requirement for additional resource for the next two months. The candidate will need to be able to work in an agile way and adapt quickly to changing priorities. Tasks could include developing code, executing existing code, verifying outputs, or exploring new requirements working. They will need the following skill set, previous experience of working with Census data would be an advantage.
- Data analysis / data manipulation experience required including;
o Experience in at least one of the following coding languages; SQL, SAS, Python, R, PySpark
o Data quality & missingness analysis
o Understanding of data architecture terminologies (e.g. ETL, data lakes etc.)
- Code management experience with repository software (e.g. GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket) preferable
- Experience working with big data preferable