Junior Data Analyst
- Inside IR35 - £12 - £14 pay per hour
- Location: Newport (Currently working remote)
- 6 Month contract
Working with a critical division of central government, we have an exciting new opportunity where you will join our team throughout the Economic Statistics Group, the Statistical Production Expert role should deliver the statistical production process; ensuring that all aspects of the production round are thoroughly planned, appropriate quality assurance undertaken, risks effectively managed and continuous improvement sought. Thorough and clear communication of statistics to stakeholders is also essential.
Skills and experience
- Ability to contribute within the end-to-end production process and undertake responsibility for specific elements of the process. Produce clear timetables and processes for quality assurance which is managed throughout.
- Ability to identify errors in data and communicate effectively with other business areas to resolve issues.
- Demonstratable experience of engagement with stakeholders, maintaining regular communication with stakeholders and develop strong working relationships.
- Able work within an agreed timetable, monitoring own and staff progress and effectively communicate issues/risks that will impact delivery.
- Contributing to the production process of economic statistics through collaboration with survey teams and/or compiler areas to ensure data deliveries, production and accompanying briefing are made on time and to a high standard.
- Analyse and interpret data to prioritise data queries and ensure that inputs and outputs are accurate.
- Build close working relationships with data/briefing suppliers and system teams to enhance subject matter expertise and help identify and address issues in data processes, systems and methods where they arise.
- Clear communication with internal and external stakeholders through the appropriate channels and delivering key messages to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Contribute to effective statistical output timetable planning and implementation to ensure quality assurance processes are adhered to throughout the production cycle.
- Effective staff management (where applicable) and resource management - including building relationships within and between teams.
- Ensuring their technical and analytical skills are kept up-to-date and participating in and promoting continuous improvement.
If this is relevant to you and something you would like to apply for get in touch with Taijaan deCordova