Initial 4-month contract, INSIDE IR35 & Remote.
Our public sector client is looking to redesign and redevelop their suite of models and support their usual modelling/forecasting. Their models support strategic decision making in the department, informing issues ranging from future workforce to demand and supply for the organisation
The following experience and skills are essential:
- Excellent data manipulation and quantitative analysis skills, with ideally good proficiency in R programming language;
- Knowledge and experience of quantitative data analysis, modelling, forecasting.
- Ability to review current excel/SAS based models and recreate these using R, ideally ability to review methodology and suggest improvements/redesign
- Experience of communicating and presenting complex data analysis is easy for non-specialists to comprehend.
- Support projects to redevelop our models; reviewing and improving the methods and building the models on our analytical platform using R software
- Support our business-as-usual modelling activity, e.g. routine forecasting of demand
- Undertake ad hoc quantitative analysis to support modelling work
- Lead/support quality assurance of own analysis and supporting the quality assurance of analysis across the wider team in line with Aqua Book guidance
- Building relationships with analytical, policy and operational colleagues to understand relevant data and policy/operational context
- Communicating complex analysis to non-technical customers and senior leaders.
If this is something you feel suited to and would like to apply, please send in your CV. Because of the expected volume of applications, we will endeavour to come back to you asap.