Data Analyst (Data Research) x2
- Security Clearance required SC (ideally current, will put through the process if not currently held)
- Fully Remote/Newport/Titchfield
- HEO £18.50 to £20.40 per hour Inside IR35
- Contractor position - LTD Company or Umbrella
- Duration: Until 12/12/21 initally
- Deadline: 16/09/21 12 Noon
About the Role
The research officers will be part of the team responsible for developing code for reproducible analytical pipelines. They will need to follow the government best practise in this development and support other analysts with using the pipelines.
* Analysing code for reproducible analytical pipelines following government best practices.
* Refactoring existing R code to new pipelines on Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
* Delivering projects to customer requirements.
* Supporting and training other analysts in coding and running pipelines on GCP.
* Establishing and maintaining pipelines in GCP as well as the code repositories on Github and Gitlab.
Relevant Qualifications Skills and Experience:
* Understanding of Git for version control workflows, i.e. branching, pull requests, code review and resolving merge conflicts.
* coding skills in R, including the writing of functions, control flow and the apply family of functions.
* Experience working on at least one cloud computing platform, ideally Google Cloud Platform.
* Familiar with managing software development using GitHub issues, including creating and administering code repositories.
* Able to work independently and as part of a team.
* Good communication skills.
* Familiar with using test that, for writing tests in R and devtools for package development.
* Familiar with the use of GitHub Actions
* Familiar with Gitlab
* Familiar with coding in shell
* Familiar with Jupyter notebooks
Undergraduate degree with analytical/statistical elements