Data Analyst x4 - must be Security Clearable (SC)
- Initial 6 Month Contract
- 100% Remote Working
- £15 - £18 per hour pay rates
- Python, Big Data, Spark tech stack
We're looking for Data Analysts of all-levels for a brand new greenfield project and huge data transformation, in light of COVID-19.
What you need to know
- Knowledge of data analysis and visualisation of large datasets used to produce required
- experience of big data environments
- experience of developing ETL functionality in a cloud or on-premise environment
- Experience of coding in tools like Python and Spark
What you will be doing
- Conducting research and development projects with the aim of delivering changes and improvements to economic statistics. These improvements could be to existing data sources, compilation methods and processes, or could be related to the development of new outputs or more general analysis.
- Manipulating and analysing data and/or information to produce clear and high quality qualitative and quantitative evidence which can be used to inform decision-making both within ONS and by external stakeholders.
- Collaborating with a range of stakeholders (internal and external) to research, develop and (where appropriate) implement improvements, providing technical and analytical expertise.
- Providing subject matter expertise within their area of work. For instance, by leading or contributing to how statistics guidance in the international manuals and guidance notes and similar should be interpreted.
- Ensuring their technical and analytical skills are kept up-to-date.
- Participating in and promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
If this is relevant to you and something you would like to apply for - please the instructions!