Data and Intelligence Manager
- Permanent, Full Time role
- Based in either Manchester or Warrington
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Data & Intelligence Manager to join our Planning & Development group.
Within this role, you will be leading a team responsible for effective data analysis, intelligence/insight, visualisation and modelling to the business to enable decision-making. You will also be leading the design and delivery of relevant and proportionate research, modelling, analysis and assurance in relation to network data.
What you'll be leading on
- Provide leadership, direction and management (tactical and strategic) for a team of specialist network analysts to deliver proportionate and impactful analysis that informs core operational decisions, to maximise opportunities and minimise risks in delivering values, objectives and spending outcomes.
- Proactively lead the division in the use of intelligence and innovative data-led solutions and anticipate business future needs and network intelligence requirements. Provide an open working environment for analysts to encourage the sharing and creation of new ideas and allow challenges to the norm.
- Negotiate, prioritise and manage a complex and varied analytical programme to identify the highest value opportunities and improve the region's performance and delivery.
- Solve regional and national problems using strong analytical capability and experience by applying analytical principles to produce practical solutions.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of a broad range of analytical and data visualisation software systems (including but not limited to data query languages, Power BI, GIS and Excel) and analytical tools.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of a broad range of datasets, databases and theory pertaining to the network and network/business performance across road safety, customer, and delivery.
- Inform the continuous development of relevant data sources, data storage/access and tools to support the business to achieve its intelligence-led objectives, including data assurance and automation of manual tasks to reduce waste.
To be Successful
- A working knowledge of analytical tools or models including Power BI, GIS, Excel and data query languages such as SQL
- Demonstrable experience of delivering business insights, improvements and benefits through the application of data modelling and analysis.
- Advanced understanding of data and information management principles and best practices
- The ability to motivate and inspire your team
- Proactively identify opportunities for analytical tools to add value to the organisation
- The ability to communicate complex information to a wide-ranging audience effectively, experience of presenting at project, operational and strategic level meetings
If this seems like a role you would be suitable for, please apply with an up to date CV asap.