Data and Research Analyst - Central Government
Inside IR35 - £17 - £19 pay per hour
- Location: Newport
- Experience of data analysis using statistical programming software such as R, SAS, or Python 6 Month contract
Working with a critical division of central government, we have an exciting new opportunity where you will join our team of dedicated professionals working on analysing data. This particular role focuses on subnational statistics on trade and involves responsibility for leading and managing research and development workstreams and delivering technical or analytical work.
- Conducting research and development projects with the aim of delivering changes and improvements to economic statistics. These improvements could be to existing data sources, compilation methods and processes, or could be related to the development of new outputs or more general analysis.
- Manipulating and analysing data and/or information to produce clear and high quality qualitative and quantitative evidence which can be used to inform decision-making both within the organization by external stakeholders.
- Collaborating with a range of stakeholders (internal and external) to research, develop and (where appropriate) implement improvements, providing technical and analytical expertise.
- Providing subject matter expertise within their area of work. For instance, by leading or contributing to how statistics guidance in the international manuals and guidance notes and similar should be interpreted.
- Ensuring their technical and analytical skills are kept up-to-date.
- Participating in and promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
- Demonstrable experience of applying analytical tools and methods to provide high quality quantitative and qualitative analysis. Ability to identify information gaps and weaknesses and anomalies in own analysis/research and that of others.
- Demonstrate an ability to act independently in the application of specialist knowledge to arrive at evidenced conclusions, options and recommendations.
- An ability to effectively communicate to technical and non-technical audiences through all mediums, including the use of effective communication methods for management of a team and user engagement.
- An ability to apply basic approaches to plan, monitor and deliver their own work to a high quality in a timely manner; identifying risks and issues where appropriate.
- Experience of working collaboratively with a range of stakeholders to understand and deliver their requirements.
- Able to ensure their own team has a clear understanding of their objectives and time-frames to undertake analytical research and how their work fits into the wider context. Is an effective role model for the team by leading by example.
- Experience of data analysis using statistical programming software such as R, SAS, or Python
If this is relevant to you and something you would like to apply for get in touch with Taijaan deCordova