An exciting role has arisen within Data Architecture at my well-known client. They are a customer focussed organisation that relies on data to provide competitive advantage. The Data Architect will report into the Enterprise Architecture function which also works closely with the Data team.
- To advise and oversee implementation of appropriate data tooling. This includes: Data Quality, Data Lineage, Master Data Management, ETL tooling
- To determine a corporate wide ERD, with system ownership boundaries
- To drive the master data management strategy for the organisation
- To review data models of core bespoke business applications with a view to refactoring if/as required
- To act as the subject matter expert on data architecture in the organisation and to "own" the data architecture strategy, for example Common Use Identifiers implementation
- To consider AI/ML opportunities to enhance decision making in business applications, e.g. requirement matching, data duplication analysis
- To contribute to the continual evolution of the Enterprise Architecture practices and to the enterprise architecture and strategy
- Provide technical governance and advice, including quality reviews and design reviews
- To maintain an awareness of current and emerging data technologies and be able to assess and discuss their suitability for potential use in systems enterprise.
- To provide input to collective architecture problems as a key member of the architecture team
- Provide guidance on the development of data standards, guidelines, processes, data structures and architectures for Data modelling and design, cognisant of statutory requirements, e.g. GDPR
- Design of data governance and compliance requirements to manage the governance aspects of data entities throughout its life cycle
- Develop excellent relationships with key stakeholders across IT and the business and fulfil the role of being a "trusted advisor"
Professional experience and personal skills profile
- Some experience in a data architecture capacity
- TOGAF approach to architecture is required. Certification is desirable but not mandatory
- Expert on data modelling - conceptual, logical, physical for OLTP and OLAP based solutions
- Experienced at reviewing database schemas for potential security and design issues
- Knowledge of master data management as a discipline and also tooling
- Awareness of ETL (e.g. SSIS, ADF, Informatica) and self-service data prep tools (e.g. Alteryx)
- Experienced in SQL and ideally Oracle
This role is mainly remote however there would be an expectation for you to come to the office 1 day a fortnight for meetings or for any major kick-offs/sprints.
Salary is up to £95K + a great benfits package on offer.
If this sounds like the next step in your career then please apply for more information and I will be in touch with suitable candidates.