Initially 3 months.
Inside IR35. £650-750 per day.
Remote for foreseeable. Currently working from home. Expectation to return to the office in some capacity in the coming months/year. Newport or Titchfield office location. However, noone has gone into the office since March 2020 and are in no rush to go back in.
Active SC or SC which has lapsed in the past 12 months is ESSENTIAL.
The purpose of the Senior Data Architect role is to lead the work for ensuring that systems are designed, upgraded, managed, de-commissioned and archived in compliance with data policy across the full data life cycle. This includes complying with the data strategy and providing oversight and advice to other data architects who are undertaking the design of data models and supporting the management of metadata. The Senior Data Architect also provides guidance to other architects (such as Enterprise Architects and Solutions Architects) to make sure that organisation's systems are designed in accordance with the appropriate data architecture.
- Design data models and metadata systems that comply with the data strategy and help chief data architects to interpret business needs
- Provides oversight and advice to other data architects who are undertaking the design of data models and support the management of data dictionaries
- Makes sure that their respective teams are working to the standards set for the organisation by the chief data architect
- Works with enterprise, solutions and technical architects to make sure that organisation's systems are designed in accordance with the appropriate data architecture
- Can communicate effectively across organisational, technical and political boundaries, understanding the context. Makes complex and technical information and language simple and accessible for nontechnical audiences. Can advocate and communicate what a team does to create trust and authenticity and can respond to challenge.
- Able to listen to the needs of technical and business stakeholders and interpret between them. Able to manage stakeholders' expectations and be flexible, is capable of proactive and reactive communication. Facilitates difficult discussions within the team or with diverse senior stakeholders.
- Produces data models and understands where to use different types of data models. Understands different tools and can compare between different data models. Able to reverse engineer a data model from a live system. Understands industry recognised data modelling patterns and standards.
- Understands the concepts and principles of data modelling and can produce relevant data models across multiple subject areas. Reverse engineer's data models from a live system. Understands industry recognised data modelling patterns and standards and when to apply them. Compares and aligns different data models
- Develops and sets data standards for an organisation. Communicates the business benefit of data standards, championing and governing those standards across the organisation.
- Develops and sets data standards across multiple subject areas. Acts as the escalation point for breaches of data standards and makes recommendations about how the organisation should resolve that breach
- Understands a variety of metadata management tools. Designs and maintains the appropriate metadata repositories to enable the organisation to understand their data assets.
- Designs an appropriate metadata repository and presents changes to existing metadata repositories. Understands a range of tools for storing and working with metadata. Provides oversight and advice to more inexperienced members of the team.
- Works with business and technology stakeholders to translate business problems into data designs. Creates optimal designs through iterative processes, aligning user needs with organisational objectives and system requirements.
- Designs data architecture by dealing with problems that span different business areas. Draws links between problems in order to reach common solutions. Works across multiple subject areas, a single large or complicated subject area.