Data Architect x2
- Security Clearance required SC Cleared ideally - will be put through the Application if not
- Fully Remote, Newport or Titchfield Office
- Rate £600 to £700 per day Inside IR35 - this can be negotiable
- Until 31st March 22
- Deadline: 11/10/21 at noon
MDR aims to provide the statistical foundations the organisation needs to create statistics
for the public good.
It was created to combine the key components needed for transformation into one
integrated service. This includes providing new data and methods services for
transformation programmes and harnessing pockets of expertise across the company, using it to
maximise output through collaboration and utilising existing governance.
MDR provides many services across four divisions including Data Acquisition and
Operations, Data Architecture, Methodology, and Best Practice and Input.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
A data architect sets the vision for the organisation's use of data, through data design, to meet
* take part in technical and business design authorities in order to approve their vision for
* work with senior accountable officers and boards to define data strategies and principles
* make sure that systems are designed, upgraded, managed, de-commissioned and archived
in compliance with data policy across the full data life cycle
Senior Data Architect
The purpose of the Senior Data Architect role is to lead the work for ensuring that systems are
designed, upgraded, managed, de-commissioned and archived in compliance with data policy
across the full data life cycle. This includes complying with the data strategy and providing
oversight and advice to other data architects who are undertaking the design of data models and
supporting the management of metadata. The Senior Data Architect also provides guidance to
other architects (such as Enterprise Architects and Solutions Architects) to make sure that
organisation's systems are designed in accordance with the appropriate data architecture.
A senior data architect:
* designs data models and metadata systems that comply with the data strategy and help chief data architects to interpret business needs
* provide oversight and advice to other data architects who are undertaking the design of data models and support the management of data dictionaries
* make sure that their respective teams are working to the standards set for the organisation by the chief data architect
* work with enterprise, solutions and technical architects to make sure that organisation's systems are designed in accordance with the appropriate data architecture.
Practitioner Able to listen to the needs of technical and business stakeholders and interpret between them. Able to manage stakeholders' expectations and be flexible, is capable of proactive and reactive communication. Facilitates difficult discussions within the team or with diverse senior stakeholders.
Practitioner Understands the concepts and principles of data modelling and is able to produce relevant data models across multiple subject areas. Reverse engineers data models from a live system. Understands industry recognised data modelling patterns and standards and when to apply them. Compares and aligns different data models.
Practitioner Develops and sets data standards across multiple subject areas. Acts as the escalation point for breaches of data standards and makes recommendations about how the organisation should resolve that breach.
Practitioner Designs an appropriate metadata repository and presents changes to existing metadata repositories. Understands a range of tools for storing and working with metadata. Provides oversight and advice to more inexperienced members of the team.
Practitioner Designs data architecture by dealing with problems that span different business areas. Draws links between problems in order to reach common solutions. Works across multiple subject areas, a single large or complicated subject area.
Working Undertakes data profiling and source system analysis and can present clear insights to colleagues to support the end use of the data.
Working Understands the appropriate mediums to communicate findings and shapes communications to the audience.
Practitioner Evolves and defines data governance, and takes responsibility for collaborating and supporting in wider governance. Knows how to assure and integrate data services to meet the needs of multiple business services. Works proactively to ensure the organisation designs architecture that considers data.
Working Understands the impact of emerging trends on the organisation in data tools, analysis techniques and data usage.
Practitioner Ensures that the most appropriate actions are taken to resolve problems as they occur. Coordinates teams to resolve problems and implement solutions and preventative measures.