- Critical project, of national importance.
- Valid Security Clearance (SC) Essential.
- Remote working initially.
- INSIDE IR35
About the Job
We are currently involved with the large-scale data architecture division of a central government organisation. Their Data Architecture team helps ensure that all data are processed and standardised. In collaboration with suppliers identified by ACE, deliver the capabilities described in the competitive proof of concept for an ML-augmented data cataloguing platform.
Skills you will need
- Expert knowledge of data standards and best practices.
- Significant referenceable experience working with metadata management platforms in large and complex environments, particularly in the areas of data catalogues and data lineage.
- Understanding of machine learning concepts and technologies in the field of data cataloguing.
- An excellent in depth understanding of one or more key technology areas (e.g. Oracle, Hadoop framework - HDFS, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, HBase -, MSSQL, Informatica, Ab Initio, Tibco, Spark, Kafka)
- A good working knowledge of visualization and reporting tools, data modelling, data profiling, analysis and transformation
1. Delivery of a data catalogue as part of one or more major metadata management programmes
2. A recognised architecture qualification (e.g. TOGAF Certified)
**It is essential that you hold current SC clearance to apply for this role**
Purpose of the role
Data architect support is required for the implementation of an ML-augmented data catalogue. The engagement will be embedded within DSA, which lacks the necessary specialism in metadata management platforms.
If this is something you feel suited to and would like to apply, please send in your CV. Because of the expected volume of applications, we will endeavour to come back to you asap.