DATA ARCHITECT / MDM ARCHITECT / BIG DATA ARCHITECT
I am seeking an experienced data architect who is able to make an immediate impact, is well versed in various architecture tools and techniques, and has full experience of the software development lifecycle. The architect should have an understanding of the manufacturing and industrial services sector, be confident and able to work and lead on a waterfall / agile project and be a strong communicator with excellent stakeholder management skills.
The main activities expected for the role are:
- Produce Approach document setting out the approach to architecture
- Develop high-level solution overview providing as-is, transitional and target architecture views, ensuring alignment to initiative scope and Enterprise Architecture guardrails.
- Provision of architecture consultancy to the initiative, influencing scoping and approach discussions.
- Ensuring all architecture artefacts are taking through the appropriate Design governance.
- Conduct and participate in workshops.
- Delivery of the architecture solution delivering the appropriate architectural documentation for the project or initiative in alignment with standards e.g. Technical Options, High Level Designs, Solution Intent and Context.
- Documentation of reusable architectures being implemented by the initiative, including design patterns, foundational designs, architecture standards and guidelines.
- Documentation of all architecture diagrams within the enterprise EA tool standard using the Enterprise EA repository.
- Provision of architecture consultancy to the project or initiative ensuring architecture is actively shaping the project or initiative.
- Collaborative working with the business analysts and project team to ensure that the architecture is fit for purpose and informs the requirements.
- Provision of data mapping between systems and interfaces as required by the project or initiative.
- Data architecture assurance and support during the delivery phase of the project or initiative, ensuring appropriate use of enterprise architecture guardrails.
- Ensure all architecture artefacts are taking through the appropriate Design governance.
- Conduct solution architecture workshops aimed at capturing the information as stated above
- Complete the solution response to a requirements traceability matrix to ensure all requirements have been considered and traced
- Delivery of Conceptual data models for the data in scope of the project or initiative in order to define the data landscape.
- Delivery of Logical data models for the project or initiative
- Delivery of data flow and interface design as part of the high level design
- Delivery of data migration designs as required by the project or initiative.
- Provision of data architecture consultancy to the project or initiative ensuring alignment with the enterprise data management team capabilities and enterprise data standards e.g. reference data standards.
- Collaborative working with the business analysts and project team to ensure that the data architecture is fit for purpose and informs the requirements.
- Conduct data architecture workshops aimed at capturing the information as stated above
- Ad hoc procurement analysis support as requested by the project