Data Architect x3
- Fully remote working anywhere in the UK
This is an opportunity to work within Central Government's Data Architecture (DA) Branch. The Division forms part of the wider Data Transformation strategy and help the organisation to make better and more timely use of data held across government and within commercial organisations in producing Data. This specific contract is associated with the development of a new and exciting framework for management of reference data which is sits at the core of the Integrated Data Platform (IDP).
This is a 3-month temporary contract role, with an immediate starting date for suitably skilled data architect to provide central support to the Data Architecture Team to provide central support on the development and the underlying indices. The role will involve, amongst other:
* Creating logical and physical data models to support the structure
* Capturing data journeys for the indices
* Creating physical models of the relationships between indices
* Ensuring that the guiding principles are fit for purpose
* Understanding the broader design of the framework
* Work to the standards set for the organisation by the Chief Data Architect together with other members of the team
* Design data models per business requirements
* Develop the data architecture supporting and the underlying indices full data life-cycle
* Working with Senior managers both in DA and across the wider business to ensure targets, goals and standards are met to timetable;
o Relevant data and product experts in DA, a number of divisions and teams spread to ascertain and quantify metadata requirements across the business;
o Cross-discipline, cross-directorate team on the development of the RDMF
o Variety of users and stakeholders
* Good inter-personal and communication skills;
* Self-starter e.g. problem solving and taking initiative to sort out issues;
* Stakeholder management skills (dealing with suppliers and customers).
Skills and Experience
* Communicating -between the technical and non-technical.
* Data modelling - Understand the concepts and principles of data modelling and can produce relevant data models across multiple subject areas.
* Reverse engineer's data models from a live system. Understands industry recognised data modelling patterns and standards and when to apply them.
* Compares and aligns different data models.
* Data Standards - Understand data standards across multiple subject areas and helps the project team make recommendations about how the organisation should implement them and resolve breaches.
* SC-level clearance valid for at least 6 months on commencement of the contract. PLEASE NOTE APPLICATIONS NOT MEETING THIS CRITERIA AT THE APPLICATION STAGE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
* Data Analysis & Synthesis - Undertake data profiling and source system analysis and can present clear insights to colleagues to support the end use of the data.
* Data Governance - Know how to assure and integrate data services to meet the needs of multiple business services. Works proactively to ensure the organisation designs architecture that considers data.
* Strategic Thinking (data architecture)- Work within a strategic context and is able to set and carry out activities that meet strategic goals.
* Problem resolution (data) - Ensure that the most appropriate actions are taken to resolve problems as they occur.
* Data Innovation.