- £450 - £550 per annum + OUTSIDE IR35
- Job Type
- James Norval
- 5 days ago
Data Processing Business Analyst - Contract - Outside IR35
*** Current SC Clearance Required to apply, you will not beconsidered without this clearance ***
Role location: Remote
The business analyst will be joining a very busy team working to challenging objectives. The business analyst will need to be a proactive self-starter and problem solver, managing their own workload and ensuring a working approach that deals with the limited time availability of the development and operational staff they will be dealing with, in producing the process documentation. This is a senior role and the business analyst will be expected to provide situational leadership for the approach & method for the process modelling.
This role will have two key objectives, effort being split roughly 70/30 between the two.
* The primary objective for the business analyst will be development of Process Mapping and supporting documentation for the End-to-End DPP process. This will involve producing process flow diagrams plus textual and visual documents for the process, such as roles descriptions, task work-instructions, running instructions, quality and performance reporting. The objective is to provide visual & textual products that fully capture the activity for the process, for both primary and support aspects, removing key person knowledge dependencies and facilitating onboarding of inexperienced staff. This exercise intends to produce a "best practice" product in a challenging environment and timescale.
The business analyst will be expected to produce a complex / sophisticated product, that has "simplicity" in presentation and use. While these are challenging objectives, this is also an opportunity to stretch creativity and skills and demonstrate expertise to produce a "best practice" product.
* The secondary objective for the business analyst is to support the DPP Product Owner and Development Team members, in the elaboration of requirements into suitable User Stories within the Backlog. This aspect of the role will require strong experience and skills with Scrum, User Stories and the use of Jira. The DPP is at an early stage with the adoption of Agile, Scrum and Jira, so part of this role will be the transfer of knowledge and skills in these areas. Guidance on Agile estimating methods will be a key area of knowledge transfer.
Relevant Skills and Experience:
Desirable or Essential
* Process Modelling Technique & Method (BPMN, IDEF0, Lean Six Sigma, Etc) E
* Process analysis & design E
* Process documentation writing E
* Requirements analysis E
* User Story writing (Epics & Stories) E
* Significant experience and skill with Jira E