*Security Cleared* Data Engineer - Inside IR35
- 6 month contract within a Central Government Agency.
- £600 - £700 per day, inside IR35
- Flexible remote working, with occasional travel to Hampshire and South Wales - Once restrictions ease
- Active Security clearance or clearances within the past 12 months as a minimum.
- Business Intelligence element around enterprise level data sets, developed in SQL.
We are looking for an experienced, hardworking, and passionate Data Engineer to work within a Central Government Service. As a Data Engineer your job is to provide pivotal programming support to a team developing and delivering the routines to import, validate and structure key administrative data that will flow into the Government Service. The role is based in an expanding team, that are increasingly developing the provision of data in support of key business areas.
Skills You Will Need…
- A proven knowledge and understanding of establishing enterprise-scale data integration procedures across the data development life cycle, managing resources to ensure that data services work effectively at an enterprise level.
- The ability to listen to, and interpret the needs of technical and business stakeholders, with flexibility and capability of proactive and reactive communication.
- An understanding of the concepts and principles of data modelling and the ability to produce relevant data models, including recognising opportunities for re-use and alignment between data models in different organisations across the government.
- The ability to establish standards and keep them up to date, ensuring adherence to them, in line with best practice in industry across government.
- Competence in coordinating teams to resolve and ensure that the most appropriate actions are taken to resolve problems as they occur, as well as the implementation of solutions and preventative measures.
- The ability to review requirements, specifications and to define test conditions and identify risks and issues associated with work while being able to analyse and report test activities and results.
Day to Day…
The designing and implementing of numerous complex data flows to connect operational systems, data for analytics and business intelligence systems.
Being responsible for the build of data-streaming systems
Coordinating teams and setting best practice and standards
Recognising and sharing opportunities to re-use existing data flows between teams
Using knowledge of systems integration, and applying it into the work
Champion data engineer across the government
** Active Security clearance or clearances within the past 12 months is essential**
If this is something you feel suited to and would like to apply, please send in your CV. Because of the expected volume of applications, we will endeavour to come back to you asap.