My innovative and interesting client based in Stockton-on-Tees are looking for a Data Engineer to join them on a permanent basis to assist with their continued platform modernisation and migration to cloud-based infrastructure, building data pipelines and storage solutions for data ingestion, enhanced customer reporting, business intelligence, analytics and data science, and permitting opportunities for the integration of additional data that adds further insight.
*If you are looking to work in the Cloud (Azure) then this is a fantastic opportunity to*
As part of your role you will:
* Create and maintain cloud-based storage architectures for data ingestion, reporting, analytics. and data science
* Standardise the storage of data for reporting, analytics, and data science across current and upcoming business verticals.
* Enhance data architecture eases extraction of data into formats appropriate for modelling and analysis by the Data team
* Build new processes to permit gathering of further data for building into and automating analyses
* Support the continued drive to replace our time-intensive manual process of customer report generation from operational data stores (through Excel, SSRS etc) with an automated self-service reporting solution served from data warehouses.
* Permit enhanced, automated, and interactive reporting for our customers using Power BI, and a reduction in resources required for report generation.
Key skills needed:
* T-SQL, SSIS, and similar ETL/ELT data technologies.
* Experience of cloud based PAAS data technologies, specifically Azure. Expertise in Azure Data Factory and Synapse Analytics would be highly desirable.
* Good understanding of dimensional (Kimball, facts and dimensions) and relational database design and data warehousing, and unstructured data design principles. Experience in data modelling.
* Strong knowledge of SQL Server and it's components - queries, stored procedures, functions, views.
* Ability to analyse and solve SQL query performance issues on large data sets, and to utilize SQL Server metadata
* Knowledge of Analysis Services Tabular and/or DAX would be very beneficial. Some knowledge of at least one BI Front-end client or web based Tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, Crystal), and their appropriate use-cases, would be desirable given this is one of the key consumers of our data architecture.
* Strong attention to detail with an ability to validate the accuracy of data-driven systems
* Sets a positive and professional example in approach to work
* Able to motivate and engage people inside the business
* Effective and adaptable communicator
This role is predominantly remote with a requirement to go to the office 2 days a week. Salary is up to £55K + benefits.
If this sounds like your next position within Data then please apply for more information and I will be in touch with suitable candidates.