My client in central London are on a mission to transform their current data stack into a transparent, trusted, stable and scalable platform. This role will be key in helping them to build their data foundations to allow them to switch to data led organisation.
*Salary is up to £80K + benefits DOE*
As part of this, they are looking to recruit for a Data Engineer.
- Work with the business to understand requirements and translate in to data pipelines, associated data and database structures and fine tune performance to meet those requirements
- Responsible for the development, operation and maintenance of data pipelines to ingest and transform data source, including defining best practice
- Implementing monitoring for data ingestion jobs and taking corrective action should they fail
- Participate in establishing processes and best practices around development standards, version control, quality control, deployment, maintenance and change management.
- Engineering our data platforms for scale, performance, reliability and security
- Supporting our analytics engineers in consuming data and delivering data for analysts across the business
- Proven experience in performing a range of Data Engineering activities across multiple data products and pipelines.
- Skills in SQL, Python and Airflow (DBT a plus)
- Experience in modern analytics and data architectures
- Experience in the monitoring, measuring and maintenance of data quality.
- Experience managing data ingestion and processing operations
- Experience in Data Warehousing best practices
- Nice to have previous experience in the health, wellness, hospital, pharmaceutical or digital / ecommerce
- A person who uses their own initiative and is proactive
- Must enjoy working in a fast paced environment
If this sounds like the next step in your career and to be part of a fast-growing organisation from a key point then please apply for more information and I will be in touch with suitable candidates.