Our client is a in a highly reputable travel company are seeking a talented Data Engineer to join their growing team in Oxford.
You will collaborate with engineering and product stakeholders to build, optimize, maintain, and secure the full data vertical including tracking instrumentation, information architecture, ETL pipelines, and tooling that provide key analytics insights for business-critical decisions at the highest levels of Product, Finance, Sales, CRM, Marketing, Data Science, and more!
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years of general software development
- Advanced query language and data exploration skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in information architecture design
- Solid experience developing complex ETL processes including SLA, performance measurements, and monitoring
- Experience working with large datasets (terabyte scale and growing) and familiarity with various technologies and tooling associated with databases and big data
- Relational DB (PostgreSQL/MySQL)
- Big Data (i.e. Hadoop, Hive, BigQuery, Snowflake)
- Strong software engineering principles and experience in OO or functional programming in Java/Python or equivalent language
- Systems performance and optimization experience with an eye for how systems architecture and design impacts performance and scalability
- Knowledge of best practices around DB administration and data governance
- Organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Comfortable owning the full data vertical
- Strong interpersonal skills, intense curiosity, and an enthusiasm for solving difficult problems.
- Ability to work with end users to solve technical challenges
Very competitive pay and package offered.