- Critical project, of national importance.
- Valid Security Clearance (SC) Essential.
- Newcastle/ Remote working initially.
6 month engagement with possible extensions
As a Data Engineer, you are responsible for developing accurate, efficient data solutions which meet customer needs to agreed timescales.
You ensure the stability, robustness and resilience of the products you design and build, and are in a position to effect changes to those products where necessary.
As a Data Engineer you support continuous improvement of standards and provide leadership to develop Associate Data Engineers, providing technical guidance alongside other data engineering functions for customers.
Skills and Experience
Knowledge in the following software -
AIX Unix, Inges DB, SQL scripting and querying knowledge. Also MS Access and knowledge of VBA
Ideal extras would be Data Services, Business Objects, Qlik Sense and Informatica.
- Able to identify simple patterns and trends. Investigates problems and opportunities in existing processes and contributes to recommending solutions to these. Works with stakeholders to identify objectives and potential benefits available.
- Designs, develops. codes, tests, corrects and documents simple programs or scripts under the direction of others.
- Understands core technical concepts related to their role and is able to apply them.
- Understands the appropriate media to communicate findings. Shapes and shares communications cognisant of the audience. Able to give tactical recommendations.
If this is something you feel suited to and would like to apply, please send in your CV. Because of the expected volume of applications, we will endeavour to come back to you asap