- Data Engineer (SC Cleared)
- 6 Months - £500-£600 (Inside IR35)
- Remote Working - Newcastle Based
- Data Engineer - ETL, SQL Python, Scala, AWS, Oracle
We're looking for an experienced Data Engineer who will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of analytics infrastructure, providing the foundations for data needs. Data Engineers will be responsible for developing, constructing, maintenance and testing of architectures, such as databases and large-scale processing systems, implementing data flows to connect operational systems, and writing and executing ETL scripts and codes.
As Data Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Translate business requirements to ensure they are clear and robust, and can be transformed into reusable production ready code and / or effective data models;
Define version control mechanisms and strategies for the source code of products;
- Support Quality Assurance colleagues and Data Managers responsible for the day to day testing and live running of data products and services;
- Shape solutions in a fit for purpose way; following the agreed principles and contribute to the overall Data Engineer Development lifecycle;
- Perform data profiling and quality measurements;
- Designing and developing reusable metadata libraries;
- Owning the stability of new products designed, including the on-going robustness, resilience and stability of these products;
- Identifying, managing and resolving issues preventing the delivery or continuous development of products; and
- Supporting the growth of the team, by keeping abreast of market and industry trends, and sharing knowledge and experience with the rest of the team.
You must be able to demonstrate experience in the following technologies and techniques:
- Experience of Informatica or comparable ETL software
- Experience of one or more programming languages (SQL, PL\SQL, Python, Scala)
- Experience of developing data solutions on Oracle, Cloudera or Horton Works platforms.
- Experience of Erwin or comparable data modelling software
- Experience of developing data solutions using cloud native services for collection, storage, processing, analysis, visualisation and security of data
- Experience of working for a government dept
- AWS / Hybrid Cloud technologies would be advantageous
- You must hold valid / active SC clearance
If you are a Data Engineer with SC Clearance and this role sounds of interest, please don't hesitate to send in your CV.