Data Engineer x3 - Contract - Central Government
Must be eligible for SC Clearance, ideally held currently. You must have lived in the UK for the past 5 years to be eligible
- Hadoop/Cloudera tech stack with Python
- Fully remote working anywhere in the UK
- Contract work (Inside IR35) - day rates can be flexible as technical skills are more important
- initial end date: 31/05/22 to extend
- Deadline 26/11/21 Noon
Software developers required to lead on design and implementation of data interface to move census data products through processing tech stack as part the team. Outputs to be delivered to various QA teams to validate census return quality, enabling outputs in a year publication data to be met. Candidate will work as one of a team of engineers using agile methodologies to implement these interfaces and provide first line support through critical operational periods.
Software developers required to work on building data pipelines on Cloudera using Hadoop, Spark, Scala, Hive with an understanding and focus on sourcing data, transforming, establishing governance and building flexible frameworks to transform, aggregate data for aggregation.
Hands on Data engineer to work on building data interfaces and data pipelines on Cloudera using Hadoop, Spark, Scala, Hive with an understanding and focus on sourcing data, transforming, establishing governance and building flexible frameworks to transform, aggregate and facilitate data for aggregation.
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with Cloudera toolset desirable (HUE, Hive, Impala, Data Science Workbench, HDFS, Avro, Parquet). Essential
- Python, Spark, Gitlab - developer languages and code repo Essential
- Agile - to align to team current way of working and promote iterative development Essential
- Confluence, JIRA, Sharepoint - agile project tooling Desirable
Please Apply today!