- Nottinghamshire, England
- Up to £44000.00 per annum
- Job Type
- Jessica Jolly
- 11 days ago
My client based in Nottinghamshire are looking for a Data Modeller to start on a full-time basis.
- Work closely with domain experts, in order to understand their problems in detail and scope out requirements to deliver.
- Source and connect to relevant data sources, build mathematical and statistical models, applying the most appropriate optimisation techniques to deliver on time, to quality and to budget.
- Productionise your work into a usable tool/product that can be used day-to-day by your customers, working closely with software engineers and user experience experts.
- Automate, enhance and provide support for existing models or analyses.
- Typically follow the principles of AGILE in the delivery of your work, taking part in stand-ups, sprint reviews and sprint planning sessions when applicable.
- Peer review the code of others and recommend changes.
- Actively work to build a positive customer relationship and pursue business development opportunities.
- Present work to customers when needed for feedback.
- Promptly raise any work concerns that impact your "well-being" to your line manager to encourage a positive outcome.
- Be willing to travel overseas for short periods to meet customers and attend project meetings.
To be considered you must have:
- A strong numerical degree, e.g. mathematics, physics, engineering, computer science or equivalent
- Experience and interest in coding in Python.
- A willingness to learn and understand the workings of the gas and power markets.
- Ability to transform high level customer requirements into tangible projects or outcomes.
- Have a strong commitment to your own development and be willing to train and coach others, sharing your experience and expertise.
- Interest in building end to end data solutions to deliver value.
- Self-starter and take ownership and accountability for ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Commercially aware & understands the environment in which they operate.
- Strong time management skills to balance a number of concurrent projects.
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly as a member of a team and seek guidance and advice from others within the team and the wider department.
- Understand different mathematical, statistical and machine learning methods, their pros, cons, benefits and risks when being applied so the best approaches are selected for a problem.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Tenacity and determination.
- Experience creating user interfaces e.g. with Dash, Tableau, Power BI
- Experience working with, or at least an understanding of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Data querying skills (e.g. SQL, Oracle, Snowflake, APIs).
- Comfortable using version control systems and project management software (e.g. Git, Azure DevOps).
- Experience of applying optimisation techniques (especially linear programming).
Salary is up to £44K, will be remote intiialy (due to COVID) but will be mainly office based once things return to normal.