Role Title: Data Processing Support Officer (Microsoft Excel)
Role location: Fully Remote
Rate: £15 to £18 per hour
Initially till February 19th 2021, likely to extend
Deadline: Tuesday November 10th at noon
About the Data Processing Team :
We are responsible for the design, development, and implementation of the end-to-end 2021 data processing system. The purpose of the 2021 processing system is to transform raw response data into accurate and reliable statistical data through a complex series of modularised rule-based and statistical data editing and adjustment methods.
This post offers the rare chance to:
- shape and deliver the largest data collection and processing operation undertaken in the UK
- develop a wide range of communication and negotiation skills through a range of activities such as liaising with other Divisions and Census topic-based Working Groups.
- develop a wide understanding of the approach being taken to providing assurance over the integrity of data as it is processed.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- This post is linked to key development activity for the Data Processing system which has firm delivery dates.
- Liaising with a members of the team and a wide range of internal delivery partners.
- Managing and coordinating key documentation that underpin the design and development of the processing pipelines such as requirements, decision logs and change control of existing requirements and specifications.
- Interface with those developing the technical solution to ensure the combined produce meets user needs.
It is essential you have proven experience of:
- Proven experience of working accurately and at pace with Excel.
- Evidence of how excellent attention to detail and ability to identify key information from various sources of information has been achieved.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a proven record of establishing, building and maintaining strong business relationships with internal suppliers and customers
- The successful candidate will need to work in a collaborative and dynamic setting both within the team and across the wider organisation
- Proven problem-solving skills along with successful outcomes
- Proven organisational and prioritisation skills when balancing key priorities
- Working under pressure and responding quickly and decisively to changing circumstances and to a tight timetable.
- Proven ability to remain positive and focused under pressure.