Data Research Officer - Surveys
- Fully Remote Working anywhere in the UK
- You will be SC Cleared in post, hugely beneficial to have held one in the past
- Salary ranges from £17 to £20 per hour, 37 hours a week, Inside IR35.
- Initial 8 month Contract (self employed) position
About the roles:
These posts will support analysis and insight helping to understanding changes to migration due to the Coronavirus pandemic and recently exiting the EU and disentangling the two.
This is coupled with the recent pause to the International Passenger Survey, previously the key source of data for measuring international migration, and therefore the need to deliver our research into Administrative Based Migration Estimates.
You will be:
- Disentangling the impact Brexit and the Coronavirus pandemic will have on migration statistics
- Providing new analysis and insights into the drivers for migration and the impact to the UK economy.
- Maximising the use of alternative measures into migration, including administrative data and actively shaping the role survey transformation will have on migration statistics.
- Producing a robust evidence base to migration statistics, including making use of modelling techniques
- Understanding of survey/research methodology to lead development work to improve methods and processes, identifying and quantifying the benefits of developments to the labour demand statistics
- Able to assess the quality of data and make decisions based on the data available
- Able to take a positive approach to tackling problems and finding suitable solutions through collaboration with customers/stakeholders.
- Have strong organisation skills with the ability to prioritise your workload in a fast-paced environment
- Presents result from analysis in an appropriate way to different types of audience (specialists/non-specialist)
- IT skills: Is already able/has an attitude to learn statistical programming such as (R/Python/SRSS)
Please Apply to if you're interested!