- £15 - £18 per hour + OUTSIDE IR35
- Job Type
- James Norval
- 14 days ago
Contract - 6 months - Outside IR35
FULLY REMOTE WORKING
Do you enjoy working collaboratively as a team to ensure we produce high quality outputs?
Are you interested in reviewing a set of statistics to see how we can make some transformational changes? Would you like to be involved with our ambition to improve our travel and tourism statistics?
We are committed to conducting an in depth review of travel and tourism statistics which will be completed by the end of March 2021. The review will propose a set of clear recommendations which will be taken forward and implemented to transform the travel and tourism statistics.
You will play a key role in supporting the lead on the data requirements aspect of the review work which will include all user engagement related to these statistics. You will need to engage with users inside and outside of ONS and help to develop a set of recommendations we can take forward.
This is a challenging new role, that provides an excellent opportunity to deliver changes that will have a real impact on the UK's evidence-base on travel and tourism.
This role will suit candidates that enjoy being at the forefront of change as the successful candidate will:
- support in understanding the range of user requirements for travel and tourism statistics
- investigate data sources including obtaining access and data mapping and working teams such as the data science campus / household expenditure to avoid duplication and capitalise on work already undertaken.
- support in specifying the future outputs of travel and tourism statistics including publications and datasets.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supporting a small team in setting direction for innovation and generating new and fresh ideas to data collection
2. Working in a small team to understand the potential alternative sources that could be utilised for travel and tourism.
3. Building and maintaining excellent relationships with a wide range of stakeholders to identify priority user needs.
4. Work flexibly and collaboratively across ONS to ensure we have integrated plans, priorities and resource in place for delivery.
* Experience of building effective relationships with a range of stakeholders.
* Ability to evaluate the appropriateness of a data source.
* Ability to deliver a task to a short time line
Desirable but not essential skills:
* Experience in statistical analysis.
* Experience of statistical output production