Data, Analytics & Strategy
Lead Data Science for Crash Bandicoot - On the Run!
Location: London / Stockholm / Barcelona
As a Principal/Lead Data Scientist, you will lead a team of Data Scientists wor on Particular consel Game: which they have just launched from thier New Games Studio. You'll help them to develop and optimise the game as well as understand, model, predict, segment and retain our players and be part of a community of 100+ data science and analytics experts across the company in a fun, dynamic and fast- paced environment.
- Proactively develop new analyses, experiments and data- driven tools to better understand our players' behaviour and performance in the consel Game
- Provide your experience and expertise in modelling player/customer behaviour in digital products or services
- Be self- motivated to learn and drive your team's development while improving methodology and working practices across the company
- Provide an analytics perspective to discussions and prioritisation within your team, so that the overall team selects the right ideas to work on
- Identify potential business opportunities through data/analysis
- Translate business needs to technical requirements and AB- tests, then work with development teams to ensure correct implementation and tracking
- Carefully check, debug, and problem solve issues to ensure you deliver accurate and clear analysis and reports, even when confronted by subtle data complications
- Champion data within the team, and share your knowledge with the wider Data Science community
Skills To Create Thrills
Our ideal candidate will have solid experience leading technical projects in an analytical team in a commercial environment. There is plenty of scope with our client for you to learn from your colleagues in the areas where you have less experience, and to share your own skills where you are stronger.
Specific factors that are helpful to excel in this role include:
- Modeling Expertise: The ability to think, build and work with models (Mechanistic, Statistical or Algorithmic) in order to better understand players and how they interact with our games
- Stakeholder Management: The ability to recognise dependencies, build relationships and influence others
- Business Insight: The ability to understand the problems and issues our games and business wants to solve, and then defining the right data, analysis or interpretation to lead to the right recommendations and decisions
- Communication: Designing good ways of communicating, visualising or reporting your results/analysis so they are clear and unambiguous
- SQL: The ability to write complex SQL queries to analyse our databases with over a billion players and work with relational database systems
- Analytical coding: Using tools such as R or Python for analytical purposes
- Leadership: Inspiring and mentoring the other members of data science teams to expand their knowledge while continuing to produce high- quality analysis
Other experience that might be helpful, but is not required, includes:
- Work in the games industry or similarly customer- facing digital businesses
- Familiarity with massive data sets and tools to deal with them (BigQuery/AWS/Hadoop etc)
- Experience in behavioural psychology/economics and experimental design
- Experience in predictive analytics, segmentation, and related areas
- Software engineering skills in Java and other languages (beyond R and Python which we use most frequently)
- Skills with standard reporting tools such as Looker/QlikView/Tableau/etc.