3 Months (Possible extension)
Client will put candidate through SC clearance.
£18-20 per hour. Inside IR35
This multi-disciplinary role to support the processing and analysis of the Census data; this involves data interrogation, the coding of functions that conduct statistical or data manipulation tasks, as well as the coding of data processing pipelines.
The team is truly multi disciplinary and you will be working with programmers and statistical analysts. The work is carried out in the Data Access Platform making use of the Spark libraries to process and analyse large datasets (Python and Spark are the main tools that are used in the team). The work will provide an opportunity to apply data science and data engineering techniques to produce timelier, more granular and more insightful statistics.
Although the work will need to be progressed in line with the operational schedule there will be opportunities to learn about the Census and the wider processing of social statistical data and this could involve moving to work on other projects relating to the transformation of social statistics.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with members of the team to fully understand the data requirements of other internal customers.
- Develop specifications showing how those data needs can be met. These will include initial design documents and diagrams for data processing systems, considering the statistical or data processing methods that are needed for the task, as well as the design of the overall data model.
- Contribute to Python libraries of statistical or data processing functions, ensuring that any functions are well unit tested.
- Write Python code that will systemize the processing of data, based on initial design documents. This includes writing unit / integration tests and managing versions of code with Git.
- Report on the progress of code changes and the impact upon data received by others.
- Maintain and review documentation for statistical and data processing functions, as well as data processing pipelines.
- Manage working relationships with stakeholders across Census Data Transformation, keeping people up to date on progress and highlighting any risks with projects.
- Apply agile project management principles to managing projects and tasks on a day-to-day basis.